Thursday, February 6, 2014

Meet the Farmer

I'm Kyle Harrison and this is my story...

I was taught growing up to be self sufficient and to learn the value of work. My parents canned food, had a garden, and my dad had good work. My parents knew the struggles of being poor and the trials of putting food on the table, shelter over their young family and cloths on our backs. They gave me my drive to become self sufficient.

This is the story of how I'm going to become self sufficient and bring my family to the next level of preparedness. I want to lower my bills, payoff my house and keep all the luxuries of life. I don't think you have to be poor to be self reliant.

I just recently built a house and have yet to really do any of the landscaping in the backyard. This is my canvas. I am going to take us on a ride to self sufficiency from start to finish. I will include steps of what I'm doing in hopes that you can learn from my mistakes in becoming self reliant.

Let the Journey begin...


My Backyard before the homestead begins


Leveling the land and picking rocks - Future Plans of the Farmstead.

No comments:

Post a Comment